Tips to Avoid Drinking
- If you are unsure if non-alcoholic beverages will be available, bring your own.
- Stay away from the bar area.
- If offered a drink, just say, ‘No, thank you.’ You do not have to explain.
- If there is food available, be sure to eat, so that you are not hungry.
- If you feel that you are becoming tempted to drink, leave early.
- Stay busy. Talk to others, dance, etc.
- Don’t give yourself time to think about the fact that you are not drinking.
- Don’t drink, no matter what!
- They will never know that you only have cola in your glass.
- Arrive late and leave early.